It’s literary agent week in #litchat. This week we’ll discuss the down and dirty of getting an agent. Here’s a sample of what we’ll discuss throughout the week:
- When to know when an agent isn’t right for you.
- What you can expect from an agent.
- How much do agent’s likes and dislikes affect their choices of manuscripts?
- How much does the market sway their choices of manuscripts?
- What grabs them in a query letter?
- Do the first five pages of a manuscript really matter that much?
#Litchat runs through Twitter at 4 p.m. E.T. on the dates noted. Follow the chat through our dedicated chat application at www.nurph.com/litchat.
Here’s the how the week will unfold:
Monday, July 1, 2013: Discuss the recent #MSWL (Manuscript Wish List) feed from last week.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013: The Query Go Round
Today we’ll discuss everything about writing the perfect query, to making sure your manuscript is agent-ready, to finding the right agents to query, to record-keeping, to success.
How to Write a Query Letter
The 10 Dos and Don’ts of Writing a Query Letter
Brian A. Klem, Writer’s Digest
Anatomy of a Query Letter: A Step-by-Step Guide
Writer’s Relief Staff, The Huffington Post
Successful Query Letters for Literary Agents
Jason Boog, GalleyCat
9 Frequently Asked Questions About Writing A Query Letter
10 More Questions Answered
Chuck Sambuchino, Writer Unboxed
Friday, July 5, 2013: Agent on Record
Follow Lucy Carson on Twitter: @LucyACarson.